Senior Maintenance Technician - Water Quality
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $23.24 - $27.89 Hourly
Location: Public Works Garage, Fishers, Indiana
This advanced journey-level position in the Water Quality Division is primarily responsible for performing inspection, maintenance and repair of the City's wastewater lift stations and treatment facilities and systems. Position provides lead direction and training to assigned building maintenance personnel; sets priorities and directs the work of assigned staff; performs full range of technical maintenance, repair, installation, alteration, and construction activities involving pumping, air handling, electro-mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
Examples of Duties
- Adjust, repair, inspect, test, calibrate, troubleshoot, maintain, and service pumps, compressors, blowers, conveyors, chemical feed, variable frequency drives, programmable logic controller, instrumentation and control systems
- Repair and replace pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Perform electrical repair, installation, and troubleshooting of faulty transformers, breakers, switch gear, and electrical circuitry up to 480 volts
- Install, repair and maintain computerized process control and instrumentation systems associated with the wastewater conveyance and treatment industry
- Lead and train building maintenance staff
- Respond to customer complaints and inquiries regarding facilities and buildings
- Maintain accurate computerized logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used; prepares reports as required
High school diploma or GED; 3-5 years experience in related field; Associates/Technical degree preferred; Previous experience in leadership or supervisory role preferred; Valid commercial driver's license with CDL endorsement in the state of Indiana, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire; Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.