Building Maintenance Technician II (2nd Shift 3 p.m. - MIdnight)
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $22.80 - $27.35 Hourly, $41,487.00 - $49,784.00 Annually | Benefits
Location: Public Works Garage, Fishers, Indiana
The City of Fishers is seeking a professional in building maintenance that takes pride in their work and who wants to be part of something bigger than just their day to day job. Ask yourself: Do you enjoy the challenge that comes with working at multiple facilities? Do you like being part of a team with the can do attitude? Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment that challenges your background, knowledge and abilities? Do you have experience managing buildings mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment? If you answered yes to all of these questions then this position may be the one for which you have been looking.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) Facility Maintenance Tech II (2nd shift 3 p.m. - Midnight) position is an integral part of a team that helps make the City of Fishers a vibrant and growing community. You too can make a difference in many areas of the community by working with other dedicated professionals. Our goal as the City's Facility maintenance team is to provide a reliable, skilled service that is able to maintain and repair of over 700,000 sq.ft of buildings and structures. Police Station, Fire Stations, City Hall, Recreation Buildings, City Court, and entrepreneurial co-working spaces just to name a few. As part of the Department of Public Works Team this position also serves a key role in special community events (music concerts, 5K runs, Spark!Fishers, Fishers Blast on the Bridge, etc.).
Examples of Duties
- Installs, maintains, and repairs equipment such as water softeners, unit heaters, water heaters, condensate and circulating pumps, street lights, building automation, LED conversion, PLC's, communication wiring and termination.
- Maintains facility chemical water treatment systems, cooling towers, heat exchangers and air handlers using gauges and other test instruments to diagnose malfunctions, disassemble, repair, and reassemble system components.
- Installs, services, and repairs electric motors, heaters, coolers, refrigerators, air compressors, appliances and other related facility equipment.
- Fabricates, assembles as required to repair, various pumps, valves, heaters, compressors, facility fire extinguishing systems, and other mechanical systems.
- Installs new/replacement equipment and materials in facilities by performing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, masonry, glazing, boiler, hydraulic, pneumatic, irrigation, heating, refrigeration, ventilating, air conditioning and other maintenance work.
- Trouble shoots, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions in boilers, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, heating, refrigeration, ventilating and air conditioning, irrigation and other RTD systems, structures and equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 5 years mechanical experience; 2-3 years Lead Mechanic level experience preferred;
- Completion of a recognized program in vocational training for the relevant trade preferred;
- Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 50 lbs.;
- In-depth knowledge of electronic, electrical and mechanical systems and digital and pneumatic controls;
- Ability to communicate and follow up effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to obtain Class A CDL driver's license within one year of hire date required.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift from 3pm - Midnight.
- This position will sometimes be required to work outside of normal business hours when necessary for meetings, training, or emergencies/on-call assignments including snow removal.
- This role is full-time and eligible for benefits.