Fishers' Department of Public Works (DPW) is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all municipal assets. From concerts to 5K runs, Fishers DPW staff makes sure all things run as smoothly as possible.
Fishers DPW crews work diligently to maintain over 35 building structures, including City Hall, restrooms in the parks, and fire stations.
- Responsible for 340 center lane miles of roads and associated right-of-way which includes snow removal, crack sealing, patching, Christmas lights, irrigation needs, traffic signals, striping, and street cleaning.
- Run the wastewater treatment plant that averages 6.2 million gallons per day, 22 lift stations and over 14,000 storm and sanitary sewer structures.
- Maintain 1300 acres of parks and school grounds that includes over 60 baseball/softball fields, over 60 athletic fields, and over 500 acres of common area.
- Partner with Hamilton Southeastern Schools to handle all of their grounds maintenance and snow removal needs.
- Work with Hamilton East Public Library for their grounds maintenance and Fall Creek Township for their grounds and cemetery maintenance needs.
Visit the jobs page for current DPW job openings.