Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Fishers Farmers' Market
- Saturdays, Now - September 29 | 8 a.m. - noon | Nickel Plate District
- Details: Volunteers are needed to help with load in/load out, vendor support and other operational tasks. Find more info here.
- Friday, July 13 | 6 - 9 p.m. | Nickel Plate District
- Attendees will take a stroll through the Nickel Plate District as they enjoy local and regional artwork at local businesses. Volunteers will help greet participants, hand out maps, and help with other event logistics for this exciting event.
- Saturday, July 14 | Family Hours: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Adult Happy Hour: 4 - 7 p.m. | Cyntheanne Park
- 20 tons of soil and over 50,000 gallons of water create a giant mud pit for this rain or shine event. Volunteers are needed during the family time and will help direct traffic in the parking lots or monitor the mud pit. Shifts are 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. or 11:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Volunteers over the age of 21 years old are needed during the Adult Happy Hour. Five volunteers are needed from 3:30 - 5:45 p.m. and five volunteers are needed from 5:15 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
National S'mores Day
- Sunday, August 5 | 4 - 7 p.m. | Ritchey Wood Nature Preserve
- Gather around the campfire and celebrate the yummiest day of the year! Volunteers may be stocking food for s’mores, assisting participants with activities or registration, taking pictures, helping with s'more supplies, managing and monitoring the campfire (must be at least 18 years old), assisting with parking (must be at least 18 years old), or helping with setup and tear down/clean up.
AMP After Dark Concert Series
- Fridays, June 8 - September 21 | Times Vary | Nickel Plate District AMP
- Join us as national and local recording artists rock the Nickel Plate District this summer! Volunteers will help keep the venue in tip-top shape by assisting with trash control and other logistics. The shift is from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m., and volunteers will receive dinner and a t-shirt as supplies are available.
Get Involved in the Fishers Community
Looking for other ways to make an impact in the community? Volunteering connects residents with neighbors, causes, and opportunities and makes our community a more vibrant and better place to live. Learn more about current volunteer opportunities.
There are several ways to get involved in the community:
- Volunteer as an individual - Volunteer as an individual by creating a Volgistics account (view Vogistics Instructions for more information)
- Volunteer as a group - From businesses to civic organizations, our office can match your group with a volunteer project that makes an impact! Submit a Group Volunteer Application.
- Subscribe to the Volunteerism Newsletter - Subscribe to receive volunteer opportunity notifications straight in your inbox.
- Share your story - If you've had a great volunteer experience in Fishers, share your story so we can feature you or your organization in the Volunteer Spotlight.