Jennifer Kehl was elected as the first city clerk in November 2014. She has been a resident of Fishers for more than 31 years.
As clerk, Jennifer is responsible for:
- Managing and securing city records.
- Conducting research and assisting others in obtaining information that supports public safety, economic development.
- Responding to requests for public information from citizens, business owners, public-interest groups, the news media, and directors of city departments, city employees, community organizations and representatives of township, county and state governments.
- Maintaining city ordinances and the minutes of the City Council and other official bodies.
- Maintaining the Municipal Code.
- Securing the city seal.
- Maintaining records of ordinances and other legislation through the City Council, committees of the City Council, the Board of Public Works, the Board of Parks and Recreation, the Fire Merit Commission, the Fire Pension Board, the Police Merit Commission and the Police Pension Board.
- Presenting ordinances, orders, resolutions to the city executive under section 15 of chapter IC 36-4-6-9
- Administering oaths when necessary, taking depositions, taking acknowledgement of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged, without charging a fee.
- Serving as the clerk of the city court or appointing a clerk of the city court.
Jennifer is available to answer your questions at 317-595-3145 or email Jennifer.