Wastewater Facilities Operator
Salary Range: $20.68 Hourly, $37,629.00 Annually | Benefits
Opening Date: 12/13/19
Closing Date: Continuous
This position will assist the Sr. Operator in ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Facilities for the City of Fishers. This person will perform various tests on the wastewater and be capable of making necessary mechanical adjustments to the equipment to ensure the treatment plant operates in the most efficient manner. The role will also be responsible for performing light maintenance.
Examples of Duties
- Assist in performing the duties to maintain the technical operation of the Wastewater Facilities.
- Perform biosolids dewatering operations and N-Viro process.
- Perform the function of in-plant wastewater testing.
- Perform the preventive maintenance for the wastewater plant.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of equipment and supplies for the Department.
- Maintain and repair all lift stations around the City of Fishers.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to possess a Indiana State license for wastewater treatment.
- Lift heavy objects and carry 50 lbs.
- The person in this position must have the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to handle several projects at the same time.
- Ability to obtain IDEM Wastewater Operator Certification required.
- This job is performed at the Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plant and in and around the environs of the City of Fishers.
- This is a 35 hour per week full-time benefit eligible role with a rotating day shift schedule including Monday - Sunday.
- Requires one weekend per month.
- Requires on call responsibility one week per month.