Assistant Superintendent - Facility Maintenance
Salary Range: $24.40 - $35.35 Hourly, $44,407.00 - $64,333.00 Annually | Benefits
Location: Public Works Garage, Fishers, Indiana
The City of Fishers Department of Public Works (DPW) is seeking an energetic, analytical, and detailed orientated self-starter to help lead the Facility Maintenance Division. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment the division is responsible for the maintenance and capital improvement of over 600,000sqft of City owned buildings which include: Police Station, Fire Stations, City Hall, City Court, and recreation buildings.
Working within DPW, the division prides itself on providing efficient and cost-effective service by utilizing the latest technology. The Assistant Superintendent works closely with the Superintendent and is part of a team of dedicated professionals that help make the City of Fishers a vibrant, growing community. This position also serves a key role in communicating with other City departments and and other external stakeholders.
Examples of Duties
- Assists Superintendent with coordinating and supervising mechanical repairs, preventive maintenance, or replacement of facility infrastructures which includes: Ventilation air conditioning (HVAC); Carpentry; Electrical; Plumbing; General housekeeping; Event set-up/tear-down.
- Orders material and supplies for day-to-day maintenance and repair.
- Communicates with vendors, and customers daily to ensure end goals are being met and all parties are informed.
- Helps manage staff workloads and schedules to maximize productivity.
- Assemble analytic data for reports and presentations.
- Assists managing in-house construction and renovation projects.
- During winter operations, assist in snow removal, including snow plow, and other related duties.
High school diploma or GED; Associates/Technical degree or higher preferred; Valid driver's license; 2-4 years supervisory and staff scheduling experience; 4-6 years of skilled building maintenance or construction work; CDL or ability to obtain one within 12 months of employment; Extensive plumbing and electrical knowledge; Knowledge of operation and maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools, vehicles, and power equipment; Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications, plans, manuals, diagrams, blue prints, and technical regulations; Strong customer service skills; Ability to complete complex issues with limited oversight.
Work schedule will include some weekend, evening and holiday hours.