Parks and Recreation Building, Fishers, Indiana
Parks and Recreation
The purpose of this position is to provide an exciting and safe environment for youth and preschool campers by leading games, songs, crafts and other activities. Each counselor will work with other counselors to develop and schedule weekly camp activities for a total of eight weeks.
Examples of Duties
- Develop and implement programming schedule for preschool and youth camps using programming guides, provided resources and supplies, and previous experience to formulate daily activity ideas.
- Make decisions as a group and come to an agreement when planning summer camp schedule.
- Form a list of supplies needed for entire summer programming and assist the recreation program coordinator in the purchasing process.
- Implement safety regulations to keep a healthy and secure environment for the children.
- Assisting at summer special events as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent; Experience and ability to work well with children; Mature judgment and ability to safely supervise children; Current CPR and first aid certification or ability to obtain; Ability to work well as part of a team or independently; Reliable transportation to and from program sites; Must pass a complete criminal history background check.
Must be able to begin work on May 23, 2018 and work consistently M-F through August 4, 2018 (no camps July 2 - July 6). Approximate hours of work will be 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., with the exception of the weeks June 4 - 8 and June 25 - 29 when hours will be 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Work takes place at Holland or Billericay Parks. Additional required dates for work include June 16, July 14, and extended hours on August 3.
First Aid/CPR will be offered to applicants that are hired; date yet to be determined.