Part-Time Program Coordinator - Recreation/Events
Parks and Recreation Building, Fishers, Indiana
Do you enjoy developing programs that bring the community together? Are you excited to share your ideas for new and innovative recreation activities? Are you the one that people go to when it comes to organizing events?
We are searching for 2 (two) Program Coordinators to join our incredible team, one focused on special events and the other focused on recreation activities. The City of Fishers Parks & Recreation Department is known for putting on some of the most unique and fun activities and events in the area, facilitating over 300 different recreational programs, classes and special events annually! In 2017 alone, over 100,000 people participated in events that included concerts, sports leagues, holiday celebrations and everything in between. And don't forget summer camps which provide education, recreation, arts and crafts and games for over 1000 children each summer!
Examples of Duties
- Plan, coordinate and lead unique, experiential recreation activities and special events including planning, advance prep, set up, activation, and tear down.
- Provide customer service, including program registration, facility rentals and general inquiries by telephone and in person.
- Perform administrative duties, including monitoring program budgets, purchasing and equipment inventory, tracking program participation, compiling surveys and evaluations, and additional duties as assigned.
- Oversee and direct event staff, including promo team, volunteers, parking crew, and other Parks Dept. members.
- Assist in the review/approval process for Special Event Permit Applications.
High school diploma required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. At least 2 years' experience in program development or recreation management preferred. Valid driver's license; Working knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe, etc.); Working knowledge of recreation registration software preferred; Strong customer service skills; Ability to communicate with a variety of people, verbally and in writing; Ability to work under sometimes stressful and/or difficult situations; Ability to work on multiple projects at one time; Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Positions are up to 29 hours a week with flexible scheduling. Positions require evening and weekend work.