Salary Range:$40,172.00 - $57,552.00 Annually | Benefits
Location: Fishers Fire Station, Fishers, Indiana
The City of Fishers is now accepting applications for firefighter positions with the Department of Fire and Emergency Services. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2018.
Hamilton County Fire Departments, in a collaborative effort, are now taking applications for entry level firefighters. The cities of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville and Westfield have joined together to hold one process. Successful applicants will be placed on an eligibility hiring list for two years. Within that 2 years, applicants may be contacted by any of the 4 fire agencies for additional background and physical considerations.
The following are the requirements for consideration:
- Shall be a high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Shall possess a valid Indiana driver’s license (or obtain one within 60 days of becoming an Indiana resident) and have no more than six (6) active points.
- Shall be a US citizen.
- Shall be at least 21 years of age, and under the age of 36 at the date of hire. (*Indiana Title 36-8-4.7 Military Exception)
- Shall be drug-free, and have no convictions for driving under the influence of drugs.
- Shall have no more than two (2) alcohol-related violations.
- Shall not have a conviction for operating a vehicle while intoxicated (OWI), or operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) in excess of 0.08% within the past 5 years.
- Shall have no felony convictions.
- Shall have no convictions for any Class A misdemeanor.
- Class B misdemeanors may be cause for disqualification. Convictions will be evaluated by the Fire Chief.
- Shall not have received discharge from the military, other than honorable or honorable conditions.
- If appointed, shall establish residency as required by state law or local ordinance.
- Shall agree to become certified as an Emergency Medical Technician, and may also be required to become a Paramedic.
- Must possess a current CPAT Certification prior to hire date. (Candidate Physical Agility Test issued within 1 year of hire date)