Part-Time Events Coordinator - Ambassador House
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: $17.00 Hourly
Location: Ambassador House, Heritage Park, Fishers, Indiana
The City of Fishers is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated professional to serve as a year-round part-time Events Coordinator for the historic Ambassador House at Heritage Park. Located in a City of Fishers Park, this facility is used for hosting weddings, corporate events, and other private gatherings while also serving as a public recreation facility for City hosted events. Position responsibilities include facilitating events from start to finish, and being the main point of contact for renters and vendors during each event. Occasionally will be asked to show the facility to prospective clients, communicate rental rates, fees, and event logistics to clients. The position will report to the Operations & Administration Manager in the Parks & Recreation Department.
Examples of Duties
- Coordinate Ambassador House logistics for all event types, including event set-up and end of the night tear-down
- Work directly with vendors on-site and be familiar with venue logistics
- Occasionally may be asked to Conduct facility tours and initiate event sales
- Provide excellent customer service to all event vendors, renters, and guests
- Support other City sponsored events and facilities as requested
- Serve as a back-up staff member for Saxony Hall, and occasionally help staff larger events at that location
- Associate degree in Recreation Management, Hospitality, Tourism, Event Management, or related field; Bachelor's degree preferred;
- Prior training in event management or certified event planner preferred;
- 1-3 years' experience in related field preferred;
- Valid Indiana driver's license;
- CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and during sometimes stressful situations;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours when necessary for events.
- The majority of the work for this position is conducted during evening and weekend hours.
- Approximately 15-29 hours per week.