Human Resources Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $25.62 - $30.74 Hourly, $46,628.00 - $55,954.00 Annually | Benefits
Location: Fishers City Hall, Fishers, Indiana
The City of Fishers is known as a Smart, Vibrant and Entrepreneurial community and is recognized as one of the best places to live in the United States. The HR Division strives to support the goals, objectives and values of the City as a partner to all city departments and to over 450 dedicated employees that make up the city's workforce. Working with a wide array of professions including public safety (police and fire), infrastructure (public works, engineering), and administration (Mayor's Office). The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing a wide range of HR-related duties and works closely with the Director of HR in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities. Primary emphasis is on recruiting/hiring and HRIS management. This position also carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, onboarding, policy implementation, employment law compliance, and risk management.
Example of Duties
- Leads recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel, including interviews, applicant tracking and communication, and marketing of job openings.
- Facilitates new-employee orientations and onboarding efforts.
- Maintains human resource information system records and administers employee timekeeping software.
- Manages various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations (ex. FMLA, Worker's Compensation, FLSA).
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Represent HR in organization's safety and risk management efforts, including serving on the safety committee.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Handles issues and inquiries in absence of Director.
Bachelor's degree; 3-5 years of HR related work experience; SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA) certification preferred; General knowledge of structure and operation of local government; Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; Strong communication skills, written and verbal; Working knowledge of HRIS software systems, Kronos preferred; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.); Advanced knowledge of Employment law.