COVID-19 testing will be temporarily unavailable from 12/31/2022 until late January 2023.
Free at-home COVID-19 rapid tests are available at the Fishers Health Department Clinic. Supply is limited and free testing kits may be picked up at the clinic during normal operating hours (see below).
Find a COVID-19 testing center near you by visiting https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/covid-19-testing-information/.
Fishers Health Department Testing Site Hours
- Monday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Open some Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Jan. 7, 21
- Feb. 4, 18
- March 4, 18
- Sunday: Closed
- Closed on City holidays
Test Results & Next Steps
I Have COVID, Now What?
If you test positive for COVID, isolate for 5 days in your home, and wear a mask in public for an additional 5 days. A PCR test may be positive for several weeks after a COVID infection. A negative test is not required prior to ending isolation. For more information, please see our guidance on isolation, quarantine and contact notification.
At-Home Rapid Tests
At-home tests are not required to be reported. However, if you test positive, please see our guidance on isolation, quarantine and contact notification.
You can obtain up to four(4) rapid tests per household through the new federal testing program. Please note that it may take 7-10 days for receipt of the tests. A limited supply of free at-home rapid tests are available for pick up at the Fishers Health Department Clinic at 8937 Technology Drive, Fishers, IN 46038.
As of January 15, insurance carriers are required to cover at-home rapid testing. More information about that program is available here.
Are you asymptomatic with possible exposure/close contact?
1) Test 5 days after exposure with either:
- PCR Tests (preferred):
- Rapid Tests:
- At-home via retail testing kit (CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, Meijer)
Are you proactively testing or testing ahead of a gathering?
1) Get your COVID-19 vaccine if you haven't yet, or your booster if eligible,
2) Check with others at your gathering on vaccination status, masks, and other COVID mitigation steps,
3) Assess your personal risk tolerance along with the COVID-19 Community Levels and Prevention Strategies
4) Test immediately before gathering
- Rapid Test
- At-home via retail testing kit
- 3rd party in-store provider such as a pharmacy
- PCR Test: (may take up to 3 days)
Travel or Guaranteed Turnaround PCR Tests
Need a COVID-19 test for travel or other time-sensitive reason? The following providers guarantee turnaround times for travel and other time-sensitive purposes.
Hospital-based testing clinics and other facilities with on-site laboratories are often able to offer faster turn-around times for testing.
Resources for Child Testing
Prior to bringing a young child for testing, parents and guardians are encouraged to watch this video with their child about the testing process to prepare them for the testing procedure.
Learn more on how to support your child during the testing procedure with this video from Mayo Clinic.