- Fishers Health Department
- Health Education
Health Education and Outreach
Health Education is an aspect of promoting a healthy lifestyle and aims to inform and give the public knowledge about health. The Health Educator is committed to enriching the lives of Fishers' residents, so individuals have the knowledge and support they need to assume responsibility for their own health and well-being. Our programs include awareness, prevention, and health promotion through three key essential public health services:
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
Health Education Programs
The Health Education Division provides local leadership for community programs that promote good health in our community. Our Health Educator delivers evidence-based information that meets the core educational requirements of the Indiana Department of Education.
- ServSafe Food Handler and Manager Certificate
- (Youth) Mental Health First Aid Training: Adults can learn how to help a young person (ages 12-25) who may be experiencing a mental health-related crisis or problem.
- Question. Persuade. Refer. (QPR): For children in high school and older who want to learn how to recognize signs of suicide and respond to them.
- Naloxone Program: Community-based overdose education and naloxone distribution program that was created as a way to combat Indiana’s opioid overdose epidemic
The FHD offers two curricula; anti-intimate partner violence and navigating healthcare for health empowerment. Our Health Educator delivers evidence-based curricula that meet the core educational requirements of the Indiana Department of Education. Learn more.
For more information on health education programs offered click here. Click here to schedule a program for your group, community, or school. For assistance contact the health educator at HealthEdu@fishers.in.us or call 317-567-5045.
Download the document here.
The health education program is constantly changing, please contact the Health Educator for more information at HealthEdu@fishers.in.us or call 317-567-5045.
To schedule a walk-through on the Connections curriculum lesson plan, please contact the health educator.