White River Clean Up: Volunteers Needed!
Join us at the annual White River Clean Up on Saturday, September 14 from 8 AM to noon at the 116th Street Boat Launch Ramp at White River (6100 Wahpihani Drive, Fishers).
Please pre-register for the White River Clean Up. All ages can participate in this clean-up (parent supervision is required, children 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult), and volunteer groups are welcome. Learn more and find event details at whiterivercleanup.org.
Stormwater Utility Rate Adjustment
- Stormwater Utility Fee Adjustment Mailer
- Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Stormwater Utility Rate Study
- City of Fishers Stormwater Master Plan (December 2018)
- The Fishers Town Council voted to establish a Stormwater Utility on November 7, 2007, with Ordinance 110707A.
- The corresponding utility rate was set at $4.95 per equivalent residential unit (ERU) on December 17, 2007, by Resolution 121707E.
- Resolutions SW032409 (March 24, 2009) and 030209F (April 20, 2009) were also passed to establish a schedule of rates and user fees for the stormwater utility.
This utility funds the stormwater program, which consists of the following six minimum control measures as required by federal and state guidelines:
- Public Participation and Involvement
- Public Education and Outreach
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post Construction Runoff Control
In addition, the utility provides revenue for storm sewer maintenance, city right-of-way drainage improvements, and stormwater quality projects.