The City of Fishers government launched a Mental Health Initiative (MHI) in 2015 called Stigma Free Fishers to create a coordinated strategy to address mental health issues within the Fishers community. In 2021, FHD will develop a comprehensive mental health program and oversee the coordination of the city-wide MHI. FHD will develop a preventive mental health program that includes:
- Ongoing work with HSE schools to ensure support for school-based programming.
- Establish regular surveillance, reporting, and data analysis from multiple data sources with work towards a community mental health assessment.
- Work with EMS and community paramedicine programs to increase preventative reach and access to care.
- Explore built-environment strategies to support and promote mental health wellness.
- Provide prevention and skill-based education services.
The FHD is leading and integrating the City’s Mental Health Initiative into its services as we continue the work underway to prevent serious mental health outcomes.
The opportunity to serve Fishers residents has been remarkable and could not have been done without the support of our amazing residents and partners.
Current services offered
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
- Question. Persuade. Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention
- Save A Life: Opioid Crisis & Naloxone