The Fishers Police Department has a competitive hiring process and is always looking for qualified men and women to serve as sworn police officers. Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Shall possess a valid Indiana driver's license (or obtain one within 60 days of becoming an Indiana resident) and have no more than eight active points
- Shall be a U.S citizen
- Shall be at least 21 years of age and not have reached 40 years of age by date of appointment. The maximum age limit is 40 years and 6 months if you are a veteran with 20 years of service. Veterans include those who were previously in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or the Indiana National Guard.
- Shall be drug-free and have no convictions for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs
- Shall not have a conviction for operating a vehicle while intoxicated or with a blood alcohol content of.08% or above
- Shall have no felony convictions
- Shall have no convictions of any Class A misdemeanor
- Shall have no convictions for selected Class B misdemeanors.
- The Chief of Police will make the final decision regarding disqualification in this area.
- Shall not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
- Shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the military
- Shall be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate
- Shall meet or exceed Indiana Law Enforcement Physical Fitness Exit Standards:
- 29 sit-ups in 1 Minute
- 25 pushups (untimed)
- At least a 16-inch vertical jump
- 1.5 mile run in 16 minutes 28 seconds
- 300 meter run in 71 seconds
Please review this video explaining the Indiana Law Enforcement Protocols for each test.