The Fishers Police Department Operations Division is responsible for investigating a number of different crimes and working in partnership with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. The Operations Division is comprised of a number of highly proactive units, which support both the Patrol Division and the Investigations Division in all of our pursuit of a safer community. Officers working in these units are specially trained in the following areas:
- Tactical responses to critical incidents
- Overt and covert gang and narcotics investigations
- Large preplanned demonstrations and events
- Dignitary protection
- Direct support in the apprehension of career criminals and violent offenders.
- Investigation of Internet crimes and electronic exploitation of children
- Critical incident and stress management
- Weapons management
All assignments under the Operations Division are considered unique and fall outside the realm of normal patrol duties. Each requires a high degree of team camaraderie and discipline. All officers working in the Operations Division receive specialized training and develop a high level of proficiency and expertise for their particular assignment.
The Fishers Police Department places a high priority on training. The Patrol Division contains many expert instructors in various specialties including firearms, emergency vehicle operation, crisis intervention, bike patrol, and accident reconstruction. These instructors not only train officers in this department, but are often invited to share their expertise statewide by instructing at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.